Minutiaeroll, Vol. 1 no. 1
I’m coining a new term. Google doesn’t bring it up, so I’m confident in my claim. I don’t have any delusions of the word gaining the attention (deserved or not) of Stephen Colbert’s “truthiness”—or gaining any attention… or ever being used by anyone other than me, for that matter. I do, however, fancy myself as in my own little way capturing the zeitgeist of this exciting Web 2.0 time. And so I’m planting my flag in this term: minutiaeroll. We don’t make lists anymore—we roll. Everything’s a -roll now, such as blogroll or linkroll or cinnamonroll. Minutiaeroll, then, is just a listing of little thoughts and other assorted tidbits that beg to be broadcast but don’t deserve posts of their own. And so, onto the mish-mash of pointless crap!
- Yesterday’s workout was v. v. good. The best I’ve had in a few weeks. I really shouldn’t cram all of my gymming into Friday-Saturday-Sunday, though I do alternate muscle groups and all that crap. I’m always meaning to find a good time to go during the week, but school gets in the way, and I don’t like the gym as much during the week. There’s a sense of urgency that I don’t get on the weekends, when it’s decidedly more relaxed and the place is much less crowded.
- I have so much lit-crit to read for a test on Thursday. I’ll no doubt end up doing it all in a marathon session on Wednesday.
- Life is a mystery; everyone must stand alone.
- If Hollywood couple Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard get a flat tire, do they call Quadruple-A?
- The little coffeeshop on the fourth floor of the Hall building always smells like burnt cheese. It gives me an instant headache. Still, I bought a really good pastry there this evening before class. It was kind of a chocolate danish but it looked more like a croissant.
- I got the webcam working and did some testing yesterday. Holy fuck, my face is fat. Why is that? From the neck down, I’m in the best shape of my life. My mug, however, looks like a lump of dough with a couple of raisins stuck in it. I’m going to look in Movie Maker to see if there’s a stretch vertical effect.
- My plug made Daniel happy, and that in turn made my day.
- The extended “Music Inferno” number from Madonna’s Confessions show is the best music for walking down the street. Pumps up my jam and inflates my attitude. Uh-huh, snap!