Minutiaeroll, Vol. 1 no. 2
- Overheard in class… Student, poorly describing the mythical phoenix: “It burns, then it comes back.” Me: “Kind of like herpes.”
- Am I really mysterious? Enigmatic, maybe. Annoying, definitely. Hot? You tell me.
- I believe there was significant extraterrestrial intervention in human evolution.
- It’s likely one of this weekend’s features at the PuckPad® will be Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
- Sometimes I post stuff just to move an image or the freeze-frame of a YouTube embed down the page, because I’m tired of looking at it. Now is one of those times.
- I’ll give you love, I’ll hit you like a truck. I’ll give you love, I’ll teach you how to…
- I still have that lit-crit to read. I got a start on it today in (another) class. I figured since I wasn’t going to pay attention anyway, I might as well start reading. I was pleased to find that, unlike most lit-crit I’ve read, this material is quite light and actually makes sense. (Take that, Barthes.)
- I make the best baked potatoes. I’m not going to share my secret.
- Getting my hair done tomorrow after the test. I found a really excellent new sculpting wax.
- Kate Bush is a genius and goddess.
“The Sensual World,” 1989.