Congratulations to “Evel” Dick
“Evel” Dick Donato, arguably one of the most reviled Big Brother contestants, won BB8 with a vote of 5 to 2. Many were hoping his daughter Daniele would win simply because she’s the lesser of two evils (or “Evels”), but I’m still waiting for someone to convince me her game was better than Dick’s. Winning PoVs (Daniele won five, tying Janelle) does not equal strategy.
That said, I have a few observations about the finale:
- Joe—whom I used to hate—displayed humility and class in congratulating Dustin on his game. Dustin, did you have to be such a bitter, vindictive queen? Couldn’t you have just thanked him? You won $5000 (on top of your weekly stipend) and a trip to the Barbados, and then spent several weeks in the gorgeous sequester house. Get over it, and get over yourself.
- Julie Chen, aka the Chenbot, was so much more loose tonight in her delivery. Why is she so robotic and wound up during the live eviction shows? Was she loaded tonight?
- I really didn’t need to see Chicken George.
- Howie has gotten really fat.
- Janelle. Sweet, sweet Janelle. The most beloved contestant in BB history. I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Janelle!
- Nick had his arm casually draped over the back of Joe’s chair. Probably didn’t mean anything, but I thought I’d point that out.
- Eric was shitting bricks when the America’s Player twist was revealed. I’m sure he was only worried about Jessica’s reaction. I’m glad he didn’t propose to her, like Mike Boogie did to Krusta at the BB2 finale.
All in all, a pretty good season. The nemeses twist didn’t quite work out with Carol and Jessica, and Dustin and Joe didn’t generate any drama in the house, keeping their discussions private.
For next season, I’d rather see no twist at all than another lame one. This season would have turned out very, very differently had Eric not been forced to do the viewers’ bidding.
More anon, if I think of anything else to add. In the meantime, check out [the little spruce tree]!